2/26/09

Book #057 - Matchbox Doll

book book
A little book in a matchbox, a matchbox covered with origami paper and with a little doll inside. I cannot tell a lie -- I didn't make the doll today, I already had it. I had made the book in the box and that reminded me that years ago I made little dolls in matchboxes for Valentine's Day; I scoured around and found a few.

There is a book/doll set...

OK. I went off to double check the title of the book/doll set that I had in mind. It used to be for sale through the Metropolitan Museum catalog, but that's not important. What's important is that I ended up at the official website of Dare Wright, the author and photographer who created The Lonely Doll. I was blown away by the story of her life, and you might be, too. Here.

So long until tomorrow.

1 comment:

Lena said...

I have a little matchbook doll that you made. I like this idea, alot!