1/14/09

Book #014


A hand shaped book - tracings of my hands to be specific. As you can see they are double, connected at the wrist, and then sewn with a pamphlet stitch through the fold at the center. There are two pieces of paper, so that means 8 pages when done (or 6 pages plus front and back). I've started to glue in bits about palmistry, and plan to collage it pretty solidly with more information, diagrams and pictures. It will be a dense introduction to the ancient art of chirology. Do you know which element your hands take after? Earth, Air, Water or Fire? Well, maybe you need this book.

1 comment:

Lena said...

Oh, I like this one! A great idea. I don't know much about my hands, other than they're starting to look older than I'd like, and they're feeling pretty clumsy here lately.

I can't wait to see this one collaged.